Added LED Turn Signals and Taillight - Suzuki Van Van 200 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BBOWL10

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Added LED Turn Signals and Taillight

I though I would try some LED lights. The turn signals are smaller but just as bright and should stay out of the way if I go off road. They also flex a lot when pressed so they should resist breakage a little better. I had to install resistors to stop the hyper flash. The front resistors are mounted to the headlight bracket and the rear ones are under the seat. The rear tail light is just mounted to the base where the stock light was bolted on. It turned out well. We will see how durable everything is. I soldered and shrink wrapped all of the connections. I just have to check for any wire rubbing at some point. I have plenty of time. The high will be in the 30s F for the next few days. No riding for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VanVan24.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1657   Click image for larger version

Name:	VanVan26.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1665   Click image for larger version

Name:	VanVan27.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1673  
juliana likes this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 05:20 AM

Very cool, good job 30F ?? Just did the conversion to our centigrade...minus1 ! Add in some windchill factor and i shudder to think !
77 C here
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1040079.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1681  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
Very cool, good job 30F ?? Just did the conversion to our centigrade...minus1 ! Add in some windchill factor and i shudder to think !
77 C here

It will warm up in about three months. Of course it will be getting cooler down where you are! I like to tinker so I just try new stuff on my VanVan plus it is is too cold to ride right now and I get bored. I haven't done anything to it that can't be changed back. I would probably be better off getting an old bike and restoring it. I may just do that next.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOWL10 View Post
It will warm up in about three months. Of course it will be getting cooler down where you are! I like to tinker so I just try new stuff on my VanVan plus it is is too cold to ride right now and I get bored. I haven't done anything to it that can't be changed back. I would probably be better off getting an old bike and restoring it. I may just do that next.
Yes but right now winter seems a long way way away. For us, at least where i live we dont get snow or in fact a frost but can can get really wet winters sometimes. And yes sounds like you need a old bike. I ( with my brother) rebuilt a 74 Suzuki T500 all great fun even sourcing the parts, although it can get expensive very very quickly ! Great to ride too, the noise, the smoke, the vibrations!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	T500Titan.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1689  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:48 PM

I also replaced the indicators and brake light. I used a licence frame mount for the light and ditched the large rear one.
I think it looks good and apart from the old light mount scratching on the wrap it is clean.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190712_093520.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	3030   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190712_093528.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	3032  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page