Headlamp mounting bracket and turn signals - Suzuki Van Van 200 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Headlamp mounting bracket and turn signals

Hi, I want to order and install a new OEM headlamp, including mounting bracket and the problem is that I have never seen it with my two eyes on a bike. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who owns VV to go take a look.

Can somebody please, post photos that show mounting bracket, how headlamp is attached to it and how/where front turn signals are attached?
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Anyone, please? I need those pictures badly
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIV View Post
Anyone, please? I need those pictures badly
Many dealers and some manufactures have parts diagrams on their websites.

That is what I will do if I need some OEM parts for my bike.

Took me a whole 5 minutes using Google. https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts...674#sch1022690
juliana likes this.

Last edited by twowheeladdict; 07-11-2019 at 08:57 PM.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Many dealers and some manufactures have parts diagrams on their websites.

That is what I will do if I need some OEM parts for my bike.

Took me a whole 5 minutes using Google. https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts...674#sch1022690
That's not what I'm looking for. I just need to see how it looks in flesh so to speak. For example, the bracket that I have on my bike is different from that on the diagram. So, the turn signals are attached differently as well.

Anyway, if someone could take several pictures and post them here that would be awesome.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 06:35 AM

The bracket you have on your bike should be that exact bracket. The turn signals do not mount to that bracket the reflectors do. That bracket mounts to the bottom bracket on the triple tree. The pictures are kind of crappy but my fog lights are kind of in the way of getting a good picture. I also believe the turn signals have their own brackets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190712_051529_1562923842219.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	3006   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190712_051632_1562923876952.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	3008   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190712_053310_1562924075362.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	3012  
juliana and ILIV like this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtniesFreak View Post
The bracket you have on your bike should be that exact bracket. The turn signals do not mount to that bracket the reflectors do. That bracket mounts to the bottom bracket on the triple tree. The pictures are kind of crappy but my fog lights are kind of in the way of getting a good picture. I also believe the turn signals have their own brackets.
You can see kind of where they would mount on this diagram. There are two mounting points on the bottom crossmember.
https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts...9674sch1022679
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIV View Post
That's not what I'm looking for. I just need to see how it looks in flesh so to speak. For example, the bracket that I have on my bike is different from that on the diagram. So, the turn signals are attached differently as well.

Anyway, if someone could take several pictures and post them here that would be awesome.
Are you putting on an OEM light or an aftermarket light? You can look up photos of Van Vans all over the internet. You don't have a van van now? You have a van van with an aftermarket light and want to put an OEM one on? Must be a language barrier thing because I am not sure what you are trying to do.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtniesFreak View Post
Thank you for the pictures! Much appreciated.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

If anyone could take a bit clearer shots, please, do It's a bit difficult to understand from EtniesFreak's photos how everything is connected together.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Are you putting on an OEM light or an aftermarket light? You can look up photos of Van Vans all over the internet. You don't have a van van now? You have a van van with an aftermarket light and want to put an OEM one on? Must be a language barrier thing because I am not sure what you are trying to do.
I want to order and install a new OEM headlamp. What I have now is an aftermarket joke of a headlamp. Also, the bike I got travelled to where I live all the way from Japan apparently. It turns out that in Japan and some other Asian regions they have a different headlamp, and a different mount bracket for the headlamp. Since I live in Europe, I need a headlamp that beams that light properly (center and to the right side). Which means, I need a headlamp for European market. Just like what EtniesFreak has.

Before I order one (it's not cheap), I would like to make sure that it's actually compatible with my bike.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page