Hello - Suzuki Van Van 200 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mark-forrest

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

Hello

Hi, should be picking up my 200 this week. I've already got a 125 which I've had for a few years and done some reasonable trips on (1000+miles) but its getting a bit tired so it will be retired to sunny Sunday jaunts.

My wife got a 200 last year and as we have a big trip to Ireland coming up it made sense for me to get a 200 too, had to be a blue one as she has the black and we couldn't have the same

Got a trip planned around the Lake District straight after I pick it up which should get it run it and then I'll transfer all the bits across from the 125.

Cheers

Mark
VanVanAdmin likes this.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 01:44 PM

Welcome to the forums and congratulations. Are majority of the parts directly transferrable from the 125 to the 200?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. Are majority of the parts directly transferrable from the 125 to the 200?
Thanks. Yes the 125 is mostly the same, only differences I can think of are chain size, 125 is only a 428 (but u can get an upgrade kit), it doesn't have an oil cooler and there some emissions related extras added to the 200. Plus the storage compartment behind the side panel is bigger on the 125 mainly I think because the ECU is different.

Mark

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 03:14 PM

Cool! Thanks for the update. That helps a lot for considering aftermarket modifications as if you look for 200 parts, they're hard to really come by at the moment considering it's pretty new. How do you think the 200 fairs on the highway speeds??
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 04:53 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Its my first time venturing into this segment of bike and even Suzuki (although I long had aspirations for a Busa... don't we all?), so looking forward to seeing the parts brought over from your 125.

Aside from the parts you're bringing over, how far do you plan to go on modifying and accessorizing your 200?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.hoon View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Its my first time venturing into this segment of bike and even Suzuki (although I long had aspirations for a Busa... don't we all?), so looking forward to seeing the parts brought over from your 125.

Aside from the parts you're bringing over, how far do you plan to go on modifying and accessorizing your 200?
My plan is to get the 125 back to as it came out of the factory, it means too much to ever get rid of it.

I'm going to transfer all the mods I've done across to the 200, so sat nav (Garmin Zumo 660), handguards (from BMW R1200Gs), Keis heated grips, Stainless steel bash plate, rear carrier and Explorer case(with 12v power), led bulbs, clear indicators, braided brake hose, fat foot (modified from BMW F800GS). Plus I prefer the older bikes where the side panels are painted the same as the tank, so may get them resprayed.

Seems a big list but it doesn't radically alter the bike and makes it much better for big trips, largest trip I've done was 1130 miles in a week up to the northwest of Scotland camping on the 125.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Cool! Thanks for the update. That helps a lot for considering aftermarket modifications as if you look for 200 parts, they're hard to really come by at the moment considering it's pretty new. How do you think the 200 fairs on the highway speeds??
Hi Gordon, have only briefly used my wife's 200 on the highway (UK motorways), the 125 was fine unless there was a slope and a headwind when you risked dropping down to <45 mph which was a bit hairy as wagons tend to do a constant 55. The 200 will maintain >55 mph so you don't feel endangered by lorries and I would be happy to to use the highway if needed, I would usually prefer to plan a longer route avoiding highways, however. I've seen some wonderful places that I would have blasted past on a bigger bike.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:53 PM

Just seen your post which is pretty cool! I was actually thinking about highway safety with speed but being able to 55mph ish should be good enough for me. The longer street routes does give you more riding time and it would be more fun
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark-forrest View Post
Hi Gordon, have only briefly used my wife's 200 on the highway (UK motorways), the 125 was fine unless there was a slope and a headwind when you risked dropping down to <45 mph which was a bit hairy as wagons tend to do a constant 55. The 200 will maintain >55 mph so you don't feel endangered by lorries and I would be happy to to use the highway if needed, I would usually prefer to plan a longer route avoiding highways, however. I've seen some wonderful places that I would have blasted past on a bigger bike.
You sure VV200 will maintain > 55 mph on a slope? I can never get it to run faster than 70 km/h, if the slope is looooong, the speed can drop all the way to 60 km/h. If what you're saying is true, I'm wondering if there's a problem with my bike.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page