Picked up my Van Van yesterday - Suzuki Van Van 200 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By wasions
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Picked up my Van Van yesterday

I definitely took a circuitous road to get to the Van Van.

I first saw one in 2017 and loved the seat but everyone including the dealer said I would be disappointed with the power and ride based on my other rides.

Then I wanted to get another lightweight dual sport bike for exploring all the little country back roads around my property and decided I couldn't handle the narrow seat that are put on those bikes today.

I looked at the Van Van again and shopped around and found a dealer willing to sell for $4000 but they were on the opposite side of Atlanta and I just dreaded having to drive there to get it.

Went to my local dealer and told him I've been looking around and got some prices on the Van Van. I asked him how much? He came back with $4200 and I said contingent on a test ride. Came back the next day and put a couple miles on the bike and was ready to buy. Dealer says $4500. I said that is not what we agreed to. Should have got it in writing. So I walked.

Went up to the Honda dealer and almost bought a Monkey bike but my trusted off road riding friend said I would not like it on gravel with the small diameter tires. Stopped in at another dealer and test rode a Kawasaki Versys 300 and a Royal Enfield Himalayan. The Himalayan just felt right and was cheaper than the Van Van so I bought it.

The next day the dealer called and said he would sell the van van to me for $4100. Sorry, too late.

Decided that I would buy a used van van when one came across my path, but i wasn't consistently looking or I would have gone to Alamogordo to get that sweet Van Van that was sold here on the forum.

I sold my 1975 Trials bike last week and decided to look to see if a Van Van was available to fill the hole in my stable. Found a sweet blue '17 with a little over 1000 miles on it. Going over it to make sure everything is good and then I will register and ride.

Here it is in my shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sm20190515_165849.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	393.1 KB
ID:	2614   Click image for larger version

Name:	sm20190515_165917.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	401.6 KB
ID:	2616  
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 10:03 PM

Your '75 Trials bike. Exacta?
I loved mine to death!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasions View Post
Your '75 Trials bike. Exacta?
I loved mine to death!
Not sure what the word Exacta means here. I looked it up and it means correctly picking the 1st and 2nd place winner in a race.

Mine was a Kawasaki KT250 2 stroke. I hauled it to a neighbor's place who had set up a dozen trials sections on his hilly property with a stream running through it. Fun place to ride.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 08:45 PM

Exacta was Suzuki's 70's trials 250. Trials was big for about three years in the midwest in the mid 70's.
twowheeladdict likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 04:53 AM

Looks in perfect condition
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasions View Post
Exacta was Suzuki's 70's trials 250. Trials was big for about three years in the midwest in the mid 70's.
They must have sold a lot because vintage trials is very popular among the vintage bike crowd. There are competitions at the various Vintage Days celebrations around the country. There is also vintage track racing and vintage motocross racing.
wasions likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
Looks in perfect condition
Chain was a little neglected and the oil was a little overfilled. Easy fixes.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page