Farkles on Van Van the Orangutan - Suzuki Van Van 200 Forum
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Farkles on Van Van the Orangutan

While I await the delivery of MY new Van Van, a Grey 2019, that is currently sitting in the local warehouse, I decided to install a few "farkles" onto my wife's new 2019 Van Van, known as van Van the Orangutan.

As earlier posted, I had already removed the OEM footpegs for the rider, and installed footpegs from a Honda Goldwing 1800 onto this Van Van the Orangutan. One of the members here asked for pictures of these on the bike, so.....pictures are attached.

Another item I installed today is the new rear rack, from ManRacks. I have used these rear racks before, on other bikes, and am 100 % happy with the quality of the racks that Mike (the owner of ManRacks) produces.

Installation of the rear rack from ManRacks does require relocating the rear turn signals, just about 3 inches to the rear, but it all works out, and provisions for relocating these turn signals are provided.

I also installed a new Windshield, or windscreen. It is the National Cycle Street Shield EX, in light tint.
My wife already has one of these exact same windshields on her 2017 Honda Rebel 500 ABS, so it was easy to see it in person, before making the decision, and ordering it.

Installation was easy, straight forward, and....it works.

I set both tires to 20 psi, as my experience with these bikes, and our body weight, has taught me this is the best tire pressures for us.

If you are wondering about the Mouse Racing hand guards, or technically WIND guards, they used to be Moose Racing guards, but given the size of this bike, and it is smaller than a Moose, I changed the 2nd O to be a U, so now it reads Mouse Racing, as in...Team Mouse Racing. They work excellent for keeping wind off the hands.

EDIT: If the day ever comes when this olde man can figure out how to post pictures on this forum, at that point I will indeed post pictures. Tried...failed apparently....walking away for a bit to mellow out.
juliana likes this.

Last edited by Flyin'Monkeys; 10-05-2019 at 04:57 PM.
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Going to TRY to post ONE picture here (gulp)

https://www.vanvan200.com/forum/atta...1&d=1570312686
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Van Van the Orangutan 002.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	330.0 KB
ID:	3228   Click image for larger version

Name:	Van Van the Orangutan 003.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	305.2 KB
ID:	3230  
juliana and twowheeladdict like this.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

BTW, I should have mentioned above, the Goldwing 1800 footpegs lower the height of the riders foot.....3/4"

More pictures of the bike changes:

https://www.vanvan200.com/forum/atta...1&d=1570313850
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Van Van the Orangutan 010.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	434.4 KB
ID:	3242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Van Van the Orangutan 011.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	498.6 KB
ID:	3244   Click image for larger version

Name:	Van Van the Orangutan 013.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	3246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Van Van the Orangutan 014.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	383.8 KB
ID:	3248  
juliana and twowheeladdict like this.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 07:49 PM

My wife & I both said it looks like Mickey Mouse ears.
Flyin'Monkeys likes this.

Hoopeston,IL/Quartzsite/AZ
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 08:43 PM

She ought to stay cozy behind those deflectors. Plus should be easy to take off come spring.

1973 Honda CL70-K3, 1975 Kawasaki 350 F9-C, 1983 Kawasaki KZ750-K1, 1993 BMW K1100RS, 2008 Suzuki GSX1300-BKK8 #1120
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 02:40 PM
jef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin'Monkeys View Post
I set both tires to 20 psi, as my experience with these bikes, and our body weight, has taught me this is the best tire pressures for us.
Interesting view on the tyre pressures. I don't know what Suzuki recommends, but the standard recommendation on the UK based forum is 18 psi, front and back. I suppose not that much difference from your experience really.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jef View Post
Interesting view on the tyre pressures. I don't know what Suzuki recommends, but the standard recommendation on the UK based forum is 18 psi, front and back. I suppose not that much difference from your experience really.
I "could" make some joke about British air pressure vs USA air pressures, along the lines of 18 pounds sterling is about equal to 20 dollars USD, but....that would be silly.

Even when I lived on IOM (Isle of Man), I still ran 20 psi (that is Manx air pressure) in both of my Van Van 200's, and the tires wore exceptionally well on IOM.

jef likes this.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Just got back home from the local Suzuki dealer, after picking up MY new 2019 V V. Posted above are pictures of my wife's new 2019 V V, in Orangutan Orange. Mine is the other color for 2019, in Silverback Gorilla Grey.

Have already spent over $ 1,500.00 in accessories for these two little bikes....NOW it is time to finish installing it all.

I will post up pictures over the next week of how it all looks installed.

BTW, one of the things I install on ALL of my chain drive bikes, is a ScottOiler.
wasions likes this.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:30 PM

Garage
Congrats!!!!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

Today I installed a bunch of new parts/farkles to my own 2019 Van Van, the Silvervback Gorilla Grey Van Van.

But the one item I want to tell you about that was very surprising as to how well they fit, was the new fork boots.
I install rubber fork boots on all my bikes, because I ride the entire world, and I do mean all 7 continents, so I have experienced fork seals leaking, due to debris on the fork legs. To remedy that, and better protect the fork legs, I now use rubber fork boots/gaiters on all my bikes.

These are the ones I received today, and they got installed on MY new Van Van today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Name:	fork boots.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	3270

What made me really happy about these fork boots, is the FIT. They are the P-E-R-fect 33 mm for the nice tight fit to the fork sliding tube, and they are the P-E-R-fect size larger opening to fit over the lower leg, the fixed leg of the fork tubes, so the boots slide onto the lower leg and are snug, but comfortably snug.

I attach one tie-wrap at the top of each fork boot, where the fork boot is slid UP to the bottom of the lower triple trees. But on the bottom of the fork boots, I usually leave that open, so NO air is compressed inside the fork boots when the front suspension is moved up and down as the bike is ridden. In this case, the lower opening of the fork boots slid nicely onto the lower fork leg....again...snug, but comfortably snug.
juliana and Feral Human like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page