I wanted to be able to charge my phone and wanted to have it safe in the rear bag.
A good friend gave me an Apple watch. At first, I did not want it, but for motorcycling driving, it is a very good item to own. You can program your destination into your phone and if you need to take a right or a left, the watch will vibrate right when you need to switch on your turn signal. It will also alert you to texts or calls.
That being said, I wanted to keep my phone charging and out of the way.
I bought this charger... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DYE54LI/
And then I:
1. Took off the seat (two bolts)
2. Connected the charger to the battery
3. Route the wiring to the back of the bike - and zip tie it to secure it.
4. Drill a small hole in the back bag
5. cut the charge cord, so you can easily thread it through the hole you drilled
6. thread the cord through the hole you made in the bag
7. reattach the cord and wrap with electrical tape
8 dab super glue or similar around the hole to keep it from fraying