Van Van goes to 2019 Sturgis Bike Rally - Suzuki Van Van 200 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
rws

Van Van goes to 2019 Sturgis Bike Rally

I took my Van Van to Sturgis this year...

twowheeladdict and wasions like this.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 01:46 PM

How many other van vanís did you see?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
rws

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin View Post

I did not see any.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 08:51 AM

Really some good photos. I have been there, but never during a rally, donít know if I could handle all the hype.
wasions likes this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
rws

Quote:
Really some good photos. I have been there, but never during a rally, donít know if I could handle all the hype.

I've been to the Rally 11 times...9 times on my Honda Valkyrie, once with a Polaris RZR Side by Side (street legal) and this year on the Van Van and try to avoid anniversary years as the crowds are huge. Next year is the 80th anniversary so I will definitely not be going. The Rallies following an anniversary date are generally the least attended and would be a good time to check it out if you don't like huge crowds.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I've never seen another van van anywhere! LOL!
wasions likes this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rws View Post
I've been to the Rally 11 times...9 times on my Honda Valkyrie, once with a Polaris RZR Side by Side (street legal) and this year on the Van Van and try to avoid anniversary years as the crowds are huge. Next year is the 80th anniversary so I will definitely not be going. The Rallies following an anniversary date are generally the least attended and would be a good time to check it out if you don't like huge crowds.
I rode the area the end of June in 2012. If it wasn't for the dang fires it would have been a fantastic adventure. I was telling my riding partner all about the night sky and I don't think we ever saw the sky the entire time we were out west.

I lived in Daytona Beach, FL as a teen and young adult and been to my share of Bike Weeks there so I have no desire to go to another. At least in Daytona they had the Races. Dirt Track, motocross, Daytona 200.

How did the Van Van do on those roads and hills? Did you ride everywhere or haul it to the Devil's tower and to Sturgis from home?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 05:42 PM

I havenít seen a Van Van either, but the dealer said most of them went to farmers to check their fields.
The farmers I know got TWís to check their fields because I had 3 of them.
I let them test ride the TW.
Now I have them confused because I have a Van Van too.
I told it is basically to stick to thr road.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
rws

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I rode the area the end of June in 2012. If it wasn't for the dang fires it would have been a fantastic adventure. I was telling my riding partner all about the night sky and I don't think we ever saw the sky the entire time we were out west.

I lived in Daytona Beach, FL as a teen and young adult and been to my share of Bike Weeks there so I have no desire to go to another. At least in Daytona they had the Races. Dirt Track, motocross, Daytona 200.

How did the Van Van do on those roads and hills? Did you ride everywhere or haul it to the Devil's tower and to Sturgis from home?

I live 600+,miles from Sturgis so hauled the Van Van to Newcastle WY and rode the bike everywhere out of there. There is bike racing and hill climbing during the Sturgis Rally along with big name concerts, scenic roads to ride in the Black Hills, Badlands and into WY and lots of attractions to check out. In the higher elevations the Van Van did not perform very well...the little 200 cc lost too much power and made climbing grades slow....so I'll be riding my big bike there in the future. I only had 2 days to spend there this year as wheat harvest was looming back home. The other times I've been there I usually spent 5 to 6 days checking out everything.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
rws

Quote:
I havenít seen a Van Van either, but the dealer said most of them went to farmers to check their fields.
The farmers I know got TWís to check their fields because I had 3 of them.
I let them test ride the TW.
Now I have them confused because I have a Van Van too.
I told it is basically to stick to thr road.

The Van Van is a road bike and where I live the elevation is 1000' and basically flat land so works good for me riding highways and gravel back roads.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page