Going to test ride a VanVan 200 tomorrow - Suzuki Van Van 200 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Going to test ride a VanVan 200 tomorrow

Hoping it fits the bill. I have nerve damage and just can't tolerate the narrow dual sport seats. The Dual Sports I have had in the past are the DRZ400S, 2nd gen KLR650, and KLX250S.

Where I live there are a lot of 1 1/2 lane farm roads and miles of gravel roads with water crossings and most of my riding in these situations will be 50 mph or slower.

I am hoping that the wide seat, cushy tires, will provide the comfort and compensate for the minimal suspension travel.

This bike cost what I have spent on accessories for my other bikes.
wasions likes this.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Hoping it fits the bill. I have nerve damage and just can't tolerate the narrow dual sport seats. The Dual Sports I have had in the past are the DRZ400S, 2nd gen KLR650, and KLX250S.

Where I live there are a lot of 1 1/2 lane farm roads and miles of gravel roads with water crossings and most of my riding in these situations will be 50 mph or slower.

I am hoping that the wide seat, cushy tires, will provide the comfort and compensate for the minimal suspension travel.

This bike cost what I have spent on accessories for my other bikes.

So? what do you think? I am pretty much in the same situation with 2x spine surgeries, a few nerve ablations, new hips [!!!] and starting a mile from me many miles of Forest rds up to 9400' covering 5 counties. I call mine the "barko lounger". I hope you dropped the tires pressure to 34~36 versus the 38psi it calls for as it makes a huge difference. I cannot ride it at 38 psi! Too harsh. It really is a go anywhere bike and at times surprises me just when I think I cam going to dump it which I hope I never do... Might not be able to get back up!!!

Stay well, Ara
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0422.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	2522  
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerchef View Post
So? what do you think? I am pretty much in the same situation with 2x spine surgeries, a few nerve ablations, new hips [!!!] and starting a mile from me many miles of Forest rds up to 9400' covering 5 counties. I call mine the "barko lounger". I hope you dropped the tires pressure to 34~36 versus the 38psi it calls for as it makes a huge difference. I cannot ride it at 38 psi! Too harsh. It really is a go anywhere bike and at times surprises me just when I think I cam going to dump it which I hope I never do... Might not be able to get back up!!!

Stay well, Ara
Sorry that I am now just getting back here. I liked the test ride but couldn't deal with the dealer. He tried to jack up the price after the test ride.

I ended up buying a Royal Enfield Himalayan new the next day for less than the dealer wanted for the Van Van. I really like it but it isn't quite suited for what I wanted the van van for. I told myself that when a right priced used van van comes on the market within 300 miles I was going to go for it.

I sold my 1975 kick start only Kawasaki KT250 last week and decided to do another internet search and found the van van 250 miles away.

Well, yesterday I took possession of a used 2017 with approximately 1200 miles on it for a fair price. It is a blue one. I will keep the tire pressure in mind. Does it feel a little squirrely at higher speeds on the road if you drop the pressure?
wasions likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page