2017, 1100 miles, Van Van for sale... - Suzuki Van Van 200 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

2017, 1100 miles, Van Van for sale...

Sadly after one too many surgeries and not done yet, after 60 years of riding the balance is swaying the other way. Have to give up riding...
I don't have to tell you about the bike, you know it!

I did originally intend to keep it, reason for spare parts and mounted accessories.
1100 miles, already two oil changes. Luggage rack, bash plate, stainless steel chain cover, foam grips and bar end weights, phone holder/charger [phone not included!], 12V and USB outlet, trickle charger plug and smart trickle charger, side bag, 2 MSR bottles [1 x water / 1 x extra fuel], extenda front fender.
Spare parts, brand new: chain, 2 x oil filters and O rings, 4 tubes [2 x front / 2 x rear].
Never dropped! immaculate and always covered [cover included] as also a L 3/4 with clear and sun visor helmet. 2 keys one with leather key holder.

In Alamogordo, New Mexico and clear title in hand as they say. You would have to arrange for transport after payment clears. PayPal, cashiers check or cash is fine.
No joy rides!!!
Yes, $3000! Hopefully another rider will enjoy it. A bargain at that price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0422.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	2552   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0429.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	2554   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0427.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	2556   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0433.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	2558   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0439.jpg
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	2562  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0447.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	2564   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0448.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	2566   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0440.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	2568   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0445.jpg
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	2570   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0428.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	2572  

ILIV likes this.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 03:08 AM

Sorry to hear you have to give it up!

Your bike comes with EVERYTHING for just $3K! If I was shopping for VanVan right now I'd jump on this offer immediately
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 05:16 AM

Sad to hear you may have to give up the two wheels. I hope your surgeries go well for you. Your bike sounds a good deal foe a local there

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:59 PM

Garage
Hi Beemerchef,

That's a super nice bike and a great deal. I considered taking the drive from Nor Cal to NM to come buy it, but it was too darn far! I hope your surgeries go well.

I just bought a new VanVan and would like to add some of the accessories you have. I love a lot of the gear you added.

I have a few questions (hope that is OK)

- where did you buy your back rack?
- I just bought a USB charger - does it attach direct to the battery terminals under the seat?
- What do handlebar weights do?
- Does a bash plate seem necessary?

Thanks for any info on this - and best of luck.

Anders

2019 VanVan - Grey/Brown
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Hi Beemerchef,

That's a super nice bike and a great deal. I considered taking the drive from Nor Cal to NM to come buy it, but it was too darn far! I hope your surgeries go well.

I just bought a new VanVan and would like to add some of the accessories you have. I love a lot of the gear you added.

- I just bought a USB charger - does it attach direct to the battery terminals under the seat?

Anders

Hi Anders...

"far" is only in the eyes of the beholder... insert "smilie" here!!!

I am going to have to do some research for the rack as honestly I forgot!!! Give me a day or two. I really have liked it especially the "lip" in the back not allowing anything to slide away. By the way, if you want the best straps, check into "Rock Straps". Adjustable of course and nothing like it on the market.

Yes on the USB charger of for anything else for that matter including the 12V/USB outlet. Think compressor [while you are running your engine].

So this is the question [no offense please] that shows me instantly you are new to motorcycling. Insert another smilie here! The end bar weight diminish the handlebar vibrations and so will the foam grips. In the old times we use to fill the hollow handlebar with steel balls! That worked wonder even better than end bar weights.

The bash plate is all depending "where" you ride. Off road is YES. Pavement? Not quite needed.

Stay well, Ara
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 01:16 PM

Garage
Thanks Ara -

Much appreciated. I like the lip on the back of the rack as well - and also how wide it is. Definitely, something I'd like to get.

I am fairly new to motorcycle riding. Have had my license for about 10 years, and previously owned a Honda 1973 xl 250 enduro - but that's it.

I ride on roads and trails around here, so will probably be getting a bash plate.

Will be taking this VanVan down to trails around Big Sur in 2 weeks... looking forward to it.

Anders

2019 VanVan - Grey/Brown
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Hi Beemerchef,

Anders

Oops! Forgot if I had replied to you or not... Kind of got lost in the Mountains!

Yes, "Cycle Rack". Has a really nice solid feel to the paint which is slightly textured.

Too bad you had not seen my Van Van before buying yours. Would have saved you a lot of money and install labor.

Supposedly someone is coming Tuesday to buy it... Will see as I had so many scammers!!! Never put the chariot ahead of the horse...

Stay well

Ara
Anders likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 05:22 PM

Good luck with that, Beemerchief. I hope you get what you need.
I recently downsized from an '06 Triumph Tiger to a VanVan. After riding for 50 years, I could no longer pick the Triumph off it's side. (Hurt my back.)
It's less than half the weight and super easy to push out of the garage. I'm hoping to get back out in the woods more often.
Again, good luck, and don't be a stranger here. Doesn't seem to be much action on this site.

Steve - Illinois
Anders likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasions View Post
Good luck with that, Beemerchief. I hope you get what you need.
I recently downsized from an '06 Triumph Tiger to a VanVan. After riding for 50 years, I could no longer pick the Triumph off it's side. (Hurt my back.)
It's less than half the weight and super easy to push out of the garage. I'm hoping to get back out in the woods more often.
Again, good luck, and don't be a stranger here. Doesn't seem to be much action on this site.

Steve - Illinois

*** SOLD ***

Thank You Steve...

Well, the Van Van is sold. Going to a really good home to a couple who already have two of them.

Interestingly enough he is a "flagger" for some races near Austin [TX] including "Moto GP" and will use this one to get around. My Van Van gets to watch Moto GP and I don't!!!

The physical situation is the same here after riding 60 years! Started at 10... New hips, plates and screws in the spine... I can ride [painfully at times] but the thought of laying on the dirt and not able to get up with no cell service started not to sit very well with me. I am sure you can understand that.

And yes, not much going on here but that is okay. This Forum has been a tremendous help throughout my ownership.
Stay well. Ara
wasions likes this.

Last edited by beemerchef; 05-08-2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: sold
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:10 PM

VanVan luggage rack

Manracks.com has 2 racks that fit. Good rack, no installation instructions. Ask for them.
https://www.manracks.com/shop-suzuki-

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page