If I could remake the perfect Van Van? - Suzuki Van Van 200 Forum
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By steveluvlife
  • 2 Post By ignatinse

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

If I could remake the perfect Van Van?

I love my 2018 suzuki 200 cc van van .
After riding it since February I love the seat, riding position, wide handle bars, height, handling, and retro look.

I wish it had more power, a 6th gear, and better braking. It takes awhile for this bike to stop if you are doing over 45 mph.

If I could Re-create the perfect van van? I'd put in a 400 CC engine, six speed transmission, and increase braking up front to TWO disc brakes, instead of one. I'd replace rear drum brake with one disc brake. With bigger engine, rear suspension would need beefed up.

I can dream........can't I.....
ILIV and wasions like this.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 06:57 PM

Add a steering damper and I might be on board...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveluvlife View Post
After riding it since February I love the seat, riding position, wide handle bars, height, handling, and retro look.

I wish it had more power, a 6th gear, and better braking. It takes awhile for this bike to stop if you are doing over 45 mph.

If I could Re-create the perfect van van? I'd put in a 400 CC engine, six speed transmission, and increase braking up front to TWO disc brakes, instead of one. I'd replace rear drum brake with one disc brake. With bigger engine, rear suspension would need beefed up.

Suzuki VV is a fun sandbike, it looks you have to get Suzuki DRZ400 simply, do not remake VV.
GJH and twowheeladdict like this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:

If you do that you are going to need larger front forks, better suspension, stronger chain, larger fuel tank, and deal with a higher price tag. I bought the Van Van knowing what it is and also what it isn't. It is the fourth bike in my stable and I consider it a toy and use it as a toy.

For the same money you could have bought a Royal Enfield Himalayan.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:

I'd like to see it with the DRZ-400 or DR-650 motor, six speed tranny, 2.5-3 gallon tank, better brakes & suspension. It would have to be much taller & heavier so it wouldn't be so good for wives & new riders & It would probably cost 7 or 8 grand but, it would be worth it to me.

Free speech is literally No.1 on the list of beliefs that make us Americans. NOTHING is more offensive to a true American than censorship.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 10:47 PM

I understand the desire to modify, ive done a lot on other bikes past and present. But to be honest, beyond a few tweaks, I wouldnt with the VV.

Looking at some of the suggestions listed all you would end up with is different bike, not a VV. You would certainly gain a lot but sort of lose something too, if you get my drift? It would be a lot easier to simply buy a bigger/faster/better geared, braked bike to start with

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page