TW vs vanvan - Suzuki Van Van 200 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

TW vs vanvan

Comment on tw200 verses vanvan

I watch an irrigation system for a farmer. I have to tide out to the center of a farm field, and back to an oil road. I took the vanvan yesterday. I climb out of the field at a slight angle up a grade to the road. I have done this for years on 2 different tw’s. I have never had any problems, plenty of torque.

So yesterday I took the vanvan. It died and I tipped over. The low gear is to high compared to the TW, and it has no lugging power. I thought this would be a problem with OHV riding on it. I can tell by the engine sound. I supposed I could have slipped the clutch. The TW will chug right out in that situation. I’m not going to change the sprockets or such. I’ll just take the TW in these situations. That is why I have the different bikes.

I love riding this on the roads, but I’m going to limit the OHV type riding to the TW. It definitely is better on the roads that the TW.

Also I think the tires on the TW are better for OHV riding, and the vanvan are better for the street.

Just a personal comment opinionated from my view point.

Last edited by rmartin; 08-07-2019 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Add info
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 05:59 PM
GJH

Ohv?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

OHV = off highway vehicle

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:45 PM

I considered the TW but the narrow seat and carburetor made it not a contender for me.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

For me it depends on where you are going to ride. I agree on the seat.

But if you if you are going to ride trails the TW I think is better. Tires, torque, suspension, ground clearance, engine guard.

Yes you can get all that extra, but for stoc k bike I think the TW is best for trails.

I have had the engine just stop because of lack of torque at slow speed. More than once. Not good in tough riding.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin View Post
For me it depends on where you are going to ride. I agree on the seat.

But if you if you are going to ride trails the TW I think is better. Tires, torque, suspension, ground clearance, engine guard.

Yes you can get all that extra, but for stoc k bike I think the TW is best for trails.

I have had the engine just stop because of lack of torque at slow speed. More than once. Not good in tough riding.
Unfortunately, there are no real trail riding opportunities around where I live. All the farms are fenced off and there is little public land. There are a lot of opportunities for dirt roads and wildlife management area riding, but the ORV folks end up belonging to clubs to have places to ride.

For me the Van Van is a toy that I can have fun on at slow speeds.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Roads are fine, gravel roads are ok, dried mud roads with some ruts ok, muddy ones you would probably have wished you had not made that decision to go down. Remember you can always turn around, which I do a lot.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page