• 2 Post By rmartin
  • 1 Post By wasions
  • 1 Post By EtniesFreak
  • 1 Post By rmartin
  • 1 Post By jef

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Colder weather - less riding

I still ride everyday, just short trips into town and around our place moving things around.

We have had 30í# of a morning, and it is a little on the brisk side. The vv starts right up.

I have had a bunch of small limbs fall down in the yard, so I have a short rope, loop around and drag to my burn pile 100+ yards away. The yard is soft, so I carry large washer to put under the kick stand to keep it from sinking into the ground.

Yesterday, I had my 2 drills, bits, board, tape measure all in my 6 gallon crate on my rack to repair a cellar window frame.

I live in the country, so we have all our burnables gathered up to go to the burn barrel. I use old Walmart bags for the trash bags. Throw them in the milk crate and a way to go.

Sunday was our last nice riding day.i gathered up all the recyclables and drove 10 miles to the collection bins.just strapped in my 6 gallon crate.

I found a large sheet of cardboard folded it half and brought back home. I take the cardboard and make into cat sharpening pieces. Lust strap in on the crate. It looked like a big down force wing.

It was 10 miles there, but 32 miles on the scenic route to get back home.

Can you tell I havenít been riding much, trying to burn up all this energy typing. Not having much luck at that.
wasions and Flyin'Monkeys like this.

Hoopeston,IL/Quartzsite/AZ
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 05:23 PM

rmartin - don't let a little rain stop ya. It's 67 degrees in Hoopeston. (It's 68 here.) That's riding weather!
Flyin'Monkeys likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 06:26 PM

The van van will start in almost any temperature.
Coldest for mine was in the mid to high teens last winter. Ohio's winter seems like it might be interesting this year, so we'll see what kind of riding conditions at brings.
So far, the only trouble I've had starting the van in the cold was when the clutch button froze so it didn't register that I was holding the clutch in. After a few flicks of the fingernail, the button popped out and it started right up.
I've never let rain or snow keep me from riding a a three wheeler or four wheeler, so I'm not going to let it keep me from riding a two-wheeler, as long as it is safe to do so. As long as You are Personally Comfortable riding in it, I consider that riding weather.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Today, 04:36 AM Thread Starter

Iíve solved the problem of cold riding..

I havenít posted much the last ten days. I loaded the TW & vanvan on the trailer.

We our now in Quartzsite AZ for the winter. Some 2100 miles from Illinois. We took the longer way because of the cold snap across the higher elevations with temps in single digits. Even in Southern Texas it got down to 26.

So while working to get everything together here, vanvan kept pestering me as I would walk by unloading and reorganizing stuffTo show her the town.

I couldnít take it anymore, and to shut her up, I took her around town pointing out things to look at. I think she enjoyed the sites in the low 80 temps.

She seemed to be happy when we got back to the house.

Hoopeston,IL/Quartzsite/AZ
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Today, 01:18 PM
jef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin View Post
Iíve solved the problem of cold riding.

We our now in Quartzsite AZ for the winter. Some 2100 miles from Illinois. We took the longer way because of the cold snap across the higher elevations with temps in single digits. Even in Southern Texas it got down to 26.
Did the swallows follow you ?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page